• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Do foxholes come in different sizes?
04-03-2008, 09:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-03-2008, 09:39 AM by Kelen.)
c_Question Mark  Do foxholes come in different sizes?
Now I've used this tactic umpteen times before but for whatever reason I've never noticed this so I'm somewhat puzzled. :conf:

The situation: When playing as defender I split my squads during set-up which means that each half squad starts the game in foxholes and therefore I can set-up a defence in depth with fall back positions.

Depends on the situation, but I often then merge the half squads back together and move up rearward squads to occupy the now spare frontline foxeholes giving me maximum firepower on the line and all with full morale.

Got it so far? Good.

In one of my current games though I set-up my defence as normal, started the first turn and then order my frontline split squds to merge by ordering one half squad to move to it it's buddy in the adjacent foxhole, however although the moves were carried out as order the half squads then proceeded to vacate the foxehole with their 'buddy' half squad in and move back to their original foxholes?!!! :eek1:

The foxholes where in various different types of wooden cover, the moving halfsquads where not under fire, or even in sight of the enemy.

Tried the same moves over several turns and apart from those halfsquads that literally on reached the foxhole at the end of the turn, the only way I could get them to merge was to order both halfs of the squads to move to just behind the foxhole.

Now I know buildings have 'size' and if you try and order too many troops into them the 'surplus' will enter and then move back out again, but foxholes?

To make this more confusing after merging, the full squads have no hesitation of occupying the self same foxholes, (which appear to imply that there shouldn't be a problem).

As I've said, used this on numerous occassions and not noticed any problems.

Any suggestions? :conf:
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do foxholes come in different sizes? - by Kelen - 04-03-2008, 09:34 AM
RE: Do foxholes come in different sizes? - by Copper - 04-03-2008, 09:36 AM