• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RS Philippine scens - Hawk
08-07-2008, 02:08 AM,
RE: RS Philippine scens - Hawk
Hi Curt,

One suggestion for you as the editing process proceeds. You may want to reduce the number of turns in some of them. Not so much from a playability point of view, but as a purely clerical problem here at the Blitz.

When a scenario gets entered into the database, you have to calculate a modified complexity that is equal to the CS Complexity multiplied by the number of turns. The mod. complexity is then used to determine the Size Modifier that calculates how many points are assigned to the players.

Some of your scenarios have a lot of turns in them, way more than are necessary to determine a winner. That tends to inflate their SM and therefore the number of points awarded. For example, I entered your Lamon Bay scenario last night. It is a complexity 5 scenario with 100 turns, which makes it a SM 10 scenario. A Major Victory worth 120 ladder points was achieved somewhere around 45 turns, and I used a slower longer attack plan because I knew I had plenty of time.

If the scenario had 50 or 75 turns (still plenty of time to use different strategies), it would have had an SM of either 6 or 8, and a Major Victory would be worth 72 or 96 points, which would be more appropriate for the playing time we experienced.

Just a thought,

Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RS Philippine scens - Hawk - by Mr. Guberman - 08-06-2008, 11:42 PM
RE: RS Philippine scens - Hawk - by junk2drive - 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
RE: RS Philippine scens - Hawk - by Mike Abberton - 08-07-2008, 02:08 AM