• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Amazing
08-27-2008, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2008, 07:55 AM by Kelen.)
RE: Amazing
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Don't take the Blitz ladder too seriously mate, it's too over-complicated for its own good and is riddled with mathematical quirks, it badly needs streamlining

I hesitate to ask, but what are you finding so complicated?

W/L/D: Speaks for itself
Win %: Out of the total games played, straight forward percentage
SK = winning streak: Again, straight forward
Scr: Total score for all reported games
ELO: A total score for all reported games but the points are calulated not just on whether you W/L/D but are relative to the calibre of your opponent. Possibly the only complex one out of the lot, (and only because I've not seen how it's calculated).

This topic has come up a couple of times in recent months.

You raised it back in July,

"Personally I think the ladder is too complicated for its own good and badly needs streamlining because as it stands it's impossible to answer the simple question "Who's the ladder leader?" because there are so many of 'em depending on which category button you click!
But if everybody else is happy with the system i'll shut up"

The only person to respond said they were happy as it is.

And in the recent 'What are you ladder goals thread" started by Der Kuenstler, It appeared that everyone either looked for different things in the ladder anyway, or weren't bothered about it at all.

Now I'm not being intentionally awkward here, but In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I would had thought that it appears that most people are happy with it as it is.

I appreciate that only small numbers of people have replied, but I would have thought that if people did feel strongly about it that they would have spoken up.

What kind of streamlining were you proposing anyway? (Maybe if you put forward suggestions people may be induced to respond).
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Amazing - by Hedgehog - 08-27-2008, 05:34 AM
RE: Amazing - by PoorOldSpike - 08-27-2008, 06:45 AM
RE: Amazing - by Kelen - 08-27-2008, 07:31 AM
RE: Amazing - by Hedgehog - 08-27-2008, 07:49 AM
RE: Amazing - by PoorOldSpike - 08-27-2008, 08:02 AM
RE: Amazing - by Mad Baron - 08-27-2008, 09:09 AM
RE: Amazing - by Ratzki - 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
RE: Amazing - by Kelen - 08-27-2008, 10:12 PM
RE: Amazing - by Saint Ruth - 08-28-2008, 02:07 AM
RE: Amazing - by Hedgehog - 08-28-2008, 07:46 AM