• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-04-2008, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2008, 09:37 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
But to return to the original premasis of the thread: The imbalance of forces in the LandJut area in NGP and D85.

-I think it unlikely that any danes will be "retconned" into NGP 85 at this point and in any event people can download the AFNORTH expansion if they want to have danes in their NGP (although only for scenario purposes and not the main NGP 85 campaign).

-I distinctly remember reading one of the designers stating somewhere, that no more german territorial troops would be in the game due to scale and playability issues 8after all, if the TK-Schleswig Holstein gets its Territorials why not the rest of Germany?). In the same vein, the WAPA 2nd strategic echelon (the units from the Byelorussian, Ukrainian and Baltic military districts) would not be in the game either. So I guess that balancing measure is out of the question (unless we are talking about unofficial MODs here of course).

-Another balancing measure would be for a small percentage (between 5-10%) of the WAPA units using amphibious assault to be lost (and or Disrupted) upon landing (represents attrition from attack by the German Naval Air Arm and Fast Attack Missile and Torpedo armed craft of the german and danish navies plus Submarines). I think this should be possible using the Parameter Data log. Or am I mistaken?

-Another option (only available in Human vs. Human games) would be gentleman agreements. For instance the WAPA player agreeing to only exercise one or perhaps two of his "strategy" options vs LandJut (and then leaving the NATO player to guess which ones chaosen) instead of eating the "Free Lunch" wholesale and exercising all 4 options (Naval Spetznaz, Soviet Marines, Polish Marines and Polish Airborne) by default.

-Or one could of course choose to include some more Danish troops in the mix above the single reinforced brigade present in D85 V.1.01. Besides, if even british TA units can deploy to the continent, draw equipment and be in the field by noon on the 14th what should prevent the last two brigades of the Jutland Division from doing likewise?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by JDR Dragoon - 11-04-2008, 09:28 AM