• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-04-2008, 03:20 PM,
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
alaric99x Wrote:Based on my experience, it's hard for me to imagine that NATO would ever have been surprised by a WP attack.

The premise with FG85 was one day the Russians just marched out of their Barracks and caught Nato Napping. Bill Trottier (PC GAmers - the Desktop General and author of a number of historical books) wrote an essay for this. And while it wasn't his best work, it worked for that title. We used the smae thing for NGP and just carried the game northward into the other Nato Partners sectors.

But for Danube Front, we began to rethink this "blot from the Blue" and we alterned the setup to a more forward position but not a full Nato Defense. We went to a fair bit of effort to explain how we saw this situation develop - it is in a series of PDFs in a folder under Historical in the game - I will attach a ZIP to this post for those who don't have the game.

Now you still may not buy it - that is OK - and you may want to redesign the game for your model of Nato Forward Defense. We considered that too but we really didn't think that the WP would attack in that situation and I guess with hindsite we are correct because they didn't attack:).

But seriously - enjoy working over what we have done for 1989 or whatever period you think works best. You have the tools to do so. And I'll be happy to post your results for everyone to download - just drop me a line.

Be sure however to look over our designer notes - we didn't just throw Danube Front together. A lot of work and rework into what was previously done - what player wanted from FG85 and NGP85 was added to the game as well as correction we learned about post FG85 and NGP 85 release were encorporated.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by Glenn Saunders - 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM