• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-14-2008, 06:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2008, 06:34 AM by JDR Dragoon.)
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
After some more fidgeting here is my modification of the stock "AFNORTH-HTH" scenario from DF 85.

-Deleted the option of having the belgian Paracommando light infantry regiment jump in.
-Gave the polish 6th AB Div. the possibility of another dropzone.

-Added the missing parts of the danish Jutland Division and Landjut Corps.

-Removed most of the danish units from the map. They beging to appear as reinforcements (with variable chance) from noon on the 10th and the next 48 hours forward (thus taking from 24-72 hours from a given unit begins mobilization to it appears on the north edge of the map). They then have to spend up to 24 hours more moving to the front (of course depending on how far north WAPA has reached of course).

-Moved some of the setup points for some of the german units. Also consolidated those piddly little platoon speedbumps of "Jagdpanzer Rakete" into units that might actually survive first contact.

-Moved LandJut HQ to Rendsburg along with the german AA assets attached to LandJut (they were based at the Kaserne there, which also housed the german armys AA school).

-All WAPA units invading amphibiously starts the game as "Disrupted". This represents both attacks by german and danish Fast Attack Craft and subs against the invasion fleet and the resistance and delays imposed by german local defence units (unfortunately I managed to get too far into the scenario modification before I discovered, that any random "invasion loss" had to be set in the PDT file before building the scenario, and I didn´t have the patience to start all over. Oh well, perhaps next time).

-I also lenghtened the scenario by 3 turns (35 in all, or 5 days). The polish and east german plan complexes I have seen banked on WAPA forces being able to reach the danish border in 4 days, but that was with the massive use of nukes to help them along. We shall see if they can do that as well here with slightly less nasty WMDs to chuck around.

-No orders for the AI added whatsoever. I only have so much time on hand ;). This scenario is strictly HTH.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by JDR Dragoon - 11-14-2008, 06:28 AM