• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
11-16-2008, 10:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2008, 10:16 PM by Hans Boersma.)
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85
Glenn Saunders Wrote:One of the issues I struggled with was NATO Intel. I mean if the WP was suddenly coming down the road, you would figure someone with a phone or a radio would pass this info one.

Another thing I did in another sector was to put small Objectives at key road junctions or choke points so that the NATO Player would see these change hands as the WP columns went through. You have to pick these carefully so that they can't be bypassed easily or without significant delay.

I've been experimenting with the 'dust spotting' feature as to represent the exploits of recon helicopters, recon platoons not represented in the game, LRRP units and, indeed, someone picking up the phone and going "Listen, there's a bunch of Soviet tanks ravaging my back yard, what am I paying tax for anyway!"

The results seem promising; the AI's performance seems to benefit as well. There are some drawbacks though; dust spotting only occurs during daytime and normal weather conditions. Perhaps this function could be adapted to a new spotting feature some time, working in all circumstances (perhaps with variable percentages) and perhaps with a chance of showing not only 'unknown units'.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NATO, WAPA and the indefensibility of LandJut in NGP and D85 - by Hans Boersma - 11-16-2008, 10:14 PM