• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Assaulting with disrupted units.
05-07-2012, 09:52 AM,
RE: Assaulting with disrupted units.
OH, that explains it!

If you set the assault up (like I do) before hand and committed an undisrupted unit to attack, and then, because of enemy opfire triggered by an officer (or other unit) moving through that same hex to join in the attack, that original unit is disrupted, the game engine will still allow it to attack because it is already "committed" to the assault (symbolized by the red arrow). If you had cancelled the assault after the unit became disrupted and then tried to replan it on the same turn the game engine would not allow that b/c the unit would now be considered to be disrupted prior to being committed to the assault.

I have seen THIS happen before. Please confirm that what I described above is what happened (I may be misunderstanding). If so, then that's a known artifact of the game engine, at least to me. I would rationalize it this way - the unit charged into the assault but the sharp eyed enemy broke up the coordination of the assault charge with counterfire before they came to grips (actually aimed at that officer). The friendly unit can't turn around and retreat, though they'd like to, b/c they're so close to the enemy already and in the midst of being shot to pieces (it'd take far longer to turn around and run back, completely exposed, than to continue to grips w the enemy), so their only choice is to push on with the attack even though they're disrupted.

I dont think it's a big issue really.

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assaulting with disrupted units. - by Larry Reese - 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM