• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A thought re: game reporting
05-30-2007, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2007, 11:35 AM by The Coil.)
RE:��A thought��game reporting
Quote this message in a reply
05-30-2007, 11:38 AM,
RE:����A thought��game reporting
05-31-2007, 07:48 AM,
RE: A thought re: game reporting
I have an idea about the game reporting...

Instead of waiting until the end of a game to report, allow the players report at the beginning...scenario name, sides, date started. Allow this to be a complete reccord in the database along with a game status "in progress", "cancelled", etc. Finally, when the game is complete, the status is changed and the game record is finished off as is currently done.

It would be cool to see a list of your current ongoing scenarios and opponents!

Once you allow an intermediate result to be saved, there are all kinds of possiblities - pick "flare" as status and your opponent gets an email. You can create a challenge system...start up a game record and the system will send an email to your propsoed opponent "Player X has challeneged you in scenario Y..."

Maybe this would work within the current database system?
05-31-2007, 10:53 AM,
I really like that idea ekroman (is that some sort of New Age Superhero - Ekro Man) - even if it isnt doable.

Clickie for you for the great post.

Sure wish I had a reason to give pass out my other two clickies for the day
05-31-2007, 11:21 AM,
RE:��A thought��game reporting
Colonel Talvela Wrote:Sure wish I had a reason to give pass out my other two clickies for the day

You could always hand them out as an advance deposit to encourage reluctant testers... :whis:
06-01-2007, 02:10 AM,
Thanks, Colonel!
06-01-2007, 05:52 AM,
I'll ask about this option again, but back when the site was first designed, this question came up and it was decided that only reporting the game was sufficient data to collect for the ladder standings.
The absence of requiring one to report the start of their games was considered a plus in respects to the amount of member input for getting games going. (as opposed to just posting a games wanted thread)

Another thing to consider is that any such enhancement would have to be fitted to accommodate ALL the ladders the club supports.

I imagine the Webmaster would have to give his input on making the code as well.
Anyone with PHP and Mysql DB page coding that can assist should speak up :) We can use the help in this area.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM,
I see no reason why we shouldn't have this implemented.In fact,i believe we'll have this implemented in about 2 months when hopefully i'll finish the big,secret project i'm currently working at :smoke:
Send this user an email
06-01-2007, 09:54 AM,
well dang it mate, get cracking!!
can't you see these guys are just biting their nails on discussing all these new improvements :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
06-01-2007, 10:25 AM,
In the meantime, it's certainly a fertile clicky generating ground.

In fact.....could this big, secret project, possibly include........graduated clickies?!?!?

The possibilities are endless...