• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What are your ladder goals?
08-21-2008, 10:39 PM,
RE: What are your ladder goals?
No goals whatsoever. I am a member of the Blitz because of the tournaments and opponents I find here. The ladder is not important to me. The games that are logged are mostly logged by my opponents.
Quote this message in a reply
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM,
Zemke Wrote:It got to the point to win a PBEM game, I had to really go into mico-management mode of every sqaud, team and vehicle and I just could not get into that.

I was curious exactly what micro-managing the various units means? I about always have to give orders right down to each individual unit, rather than just mass commands to blocks of units, and that's why I rarely play over 1500 to 2000-point games. I'll do a 3000-pointer on rare occassion, but that's as many units as I want to have to scroll thru to give orders to.

But to the question about LADDER GOALS: Like someone else mentioned, I don't play enough games fast enough to impact the ladder much. I like the ladder as a yardstick of about where I am compared to others in the game, and I like to keep track of my win percentage and keep it as high as I can. I also like to see the periodic promotion in rank, which tells me I'm not just standing still (haha). My current big ladder goal is to log 100 games eventually, and get a Centurion Medal.
"Never put off till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely."
08-22-2008, 05:44 AM,
Well, I see I am definitely not as mature about viewing the ladder as most of you guys - lol - but my goal I have accomplished - no one who has reported as many games as I have has a better win percentage. To me, leading the ladder is more of an endurance "iron man" thing, and not so much skill, so that one is secondary.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
08-22-2008, 06:37 AM,
My goal is to have the most scenarios played on the ladder that were made by me.

As far as playing games and recording them on the ladder, I don't have time between playtesting and tournaments to play games for just the fun of it.

Good Hunting.

MR
08-22-2008, 07:11 AM,
Only the ELO counts to me, I'm not interested in any kind of competition where those who play more have a distinct advantage, I never even bothered to read the ladder rules.

The idea initially was to watch the ELO score closely, because chess and any kind of decision game is the most fun if you play on your level, ie. if you have a win ratio of 0.5.

But I found out having good opponents is much more important. Quitters are a problem in any strategy game, especially in long PBEM battles.
08-22-2008, 09:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2008, 11:22 PM by Kelen.)
As has already been said, I don't play enough games to reach the top of the ladder on score, but I do keep an eye of my win percentage and yes I do enjoy seeing my rank inmprove.

Purely looking at the score or ELO rating doesn't necessarily equate to how good a player is. If you look towards the upper half of the ladder you'll see that they've all played a vast number of games, (which is laudible in itself - wish I could find the time to play more!), but theire win/draw/lose percentages are necessarily brillient.

ELO rating is aquired over time and I've played against some very good players who have a only played a few games here and therfore have a low ELO, so I'm not bothered about that either.

At the end of the day I play because I enjoy the game.
08-23-2008, 02:26 AM,
My Ladder goals are modest, indeed. I like to post enough wins to maintain a little CM respect. That's about it. :cool: