• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CM Moderator
09-17-2008, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2008, 04:44 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE: CM Moderator
Lord Bane Wrote:MR,
LOL....I am not trying to be an arse and I have nothing against you and think your a good guy. But I am surprised that you are interested in the CM Mod job. You are the guy who made the comment that CM would be dead in two years. I think that was about a year ago now....only one year to go on your theory. Well I will give you a year and a half to be fair because I can't remember the date. I still disagree with your assessment though.

It's already dead on alot of the new machines that run Vista for CMBB.

I need to clarify something here, I'm not interested in this CM Mod job.

I just think that part of the problem has that maybe the job hasn't been explained quite right.

I'm simply stating that like it or not POS is an issue here. At times all by himself. At other times I help him be.

Quote: If you do take over as the CM MOD then I have some advice for what ever it is worth. You guys make way too much of POS posts IMO. Let the guy have his say. If it is dumb, and it is sometimes, then just ignore it. He is a very polarizing force but he only does it to fire you guys up. And it works EVERY...SINGLE....TIME! You have to admire POS for his ability to get inside some of you guys heads with his propaganda....LMAO. The outrage and fury starts immediately. It is actually something of a twisted art form to be sure. Have you heard the saying "Like a Moth to the Flame"?
Lord Bane (FGM)

I agree with most of that. Dumb is fine. To me, other stuff isn't. What I detest is not POS's antics so much as he's the only one that can do them. Anybody else says anything and those are the ones moderated. That is a point of view not shared by everyone.

I'm probably pretty much through here at the Blitz after the Masters Tournament is over. I'm possibly going to Iraq before the end of the year and even barring that, there are other projects that are getting ready to be a great drain on my time.

I hope to bring the Blitz to some of those projects, but to be honest, Paul and I haven't had a chance to sit down and discuss alot of what I would like to see happen from my end.

I've invested alot of time here at the Blitz, since I found my scenarios here, and Randy invited me over. I was told alot about the place, by alot of people. It's nothing like any one person said it is. I'd like to see if I can get some things changed in the scenarios department for when the next generation game of tactical combat comes along.

CMx1 is dying. You can dispute that or not....but all you have to do is start a Vista hurting me thread to find out just how many have lost CMBB. I've been told by many that my Masters Tournament will be the last big CMx1 tournament because too many are losing CMBB. CMAK may keep on for a bit. Until the graphics cards don't play it either any more...

So,

1) I'm not applying for job of CM Mod here.

2) I will be scaling back on posting.

3) I will be scaling up my level of interaction with SG.

4) I will respond to requests from members when they have specific project nees as was the case in the team play event.

5) I've had good and bad experiences here. I came here for a different reason than the rest of you though so that's to be expected. That alone has caused it's own share of "incidents".

Good Hunting.

MR
09-17-2008, 05:14 AM,
Mad Russian Wrote:3) I will be scaling up my level of interaction with SG.

Lucky SG..;)
09-17-2008, 06:34 AM,
Quote:I'm possibly going to Iraq before the end of the year and even barring that, there are other projects that are getting ready to be a great drain on my time.

Spent a year in Iraq myself in 2005-2006. Be CAREFUL! Although it sounds like things are calming down I am sure it is still quite possible to find your self in a tight spot now and again.

[/quote]I've been told by many that my Masters Tournament will be the last big CMx1 tournament because too many are losing CMBB.[/quote]

Nahhh....the FGM will still be having tournaments for years to come. I suspect you might have hit some kind of "Tracer Burnout" on CM. My advice to you is to still take a copy of it with you to Iraq for the occasional game when you can squeeze it in. Maybe you need a little time away from it but you will miss it in the end and I am sure come back to it. I am sure it will still be going strong when you get back.[/quote]

Good Luck to you MR.

Lord Bane (FGM)
09-19-2008, 02:27 AM,
Effective immediately, Marcus, aka Wigam, shall be stepping up for Assistant and assuming the duties of CM Community Commander.

For now I shall stay on to give Marcus a hand in the forum, but only for a little while longer as we finalize our search for a new assistant to work with him.

Thanks for your cooperation.
09-19-2008, 02:47 AM,
Incidentally to all my fans who've been urging me to apply for the mod job, just let me say I did initially express an interest in the exalted position to SG but later changed my mind and informed him accordingly, explaining the reasons why..;)
09-19-2008, 05:58 PM,
Looking fo a good 2 I/C....Who's up for it.

The sign is in the window....apply with in.
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
09-19-2008, 10:22 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Incidentally to all my fans who've been urging me to apply for the mod job, just let me say I did initially express an interest in the exalted position to SG but later changed my mind and informed him accordingly, explaining the reasons why..;)

Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth :whis:
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM,
LMAO!!!!! Big Grin
Nicely put Kelen cheers
09-19-2008, 11:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-19-2008, 11:18 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Kelen Wrote:Cue the wailing and gnashing of teeth :whis:

Yes fans I know my decision has left a good many of you distraught and inconsolable but don't take it so badly, you'll get over it, but in the meantime drop me a mail if you feel you need a spot of spiritual counselling to help you come to terms with it..:)
It's just that Blitz is SG's baby and he has his own specific ways of child-rearing, so it's only natural he should expect his childminders (mods) to share those views so that they're all singing from the same song sheet in blissful angelic harmony.
Regrettably I find it impossible to sing to anybody's tune but my own, therefore it's totally impractical for me to consider being a mod.

PS- Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my style of modding would be any better than our illustrious leaders, all I'm saying is it'd certainly be er... different..;)
09-19-2008, 11:31 PM,
LOL!

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin