• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Spring Awakening 45' - Questions for Designer
07-17-2024, 11:30 AM,
RE: Spring Awakening 45' - Questions for Designer
I hope that later soviet counter attack - which seal op.spring awakening to doom - be included in grand campaign. Fine Pz campaign afterall.
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2024, 07:03 PM,
I've been watching this thread closely (along the AAR).

Great feedback. You can expect updated campaign scenarios.

Main goals: 

-Solution of unintended situations (fixed units).
-More freedom of movement for both sides: The Axis will gain moderate railroad capacity. The updated map will have more primary roads for the Soviets to connect the Simontornya area to the South.
-Higher reward for victory points locations between lakes in case you want to play historically.
-More victory points locations in the south in case you want to play this way.
-Victory thresholds will be more or less the same (maybe a little lower).

I will post the complete changelog, eventualy.
07-29-2024, 09:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2024, 09:04 PM by Indragnir.)
To improve the fun and balance of the campaigns I have the following ideas.

1) Axis will have a moderate Rail Capacity (say 5 or so).

2) The updated map has more primary roads for the Soviets to connect the Simontornya area to the South.

3) Victory Levels and Vps.
-Add some VP locations in the Axis rear so the Axis will start with some VP on their side, making a Draw or Victory more feasible, it will also discourage total abandonement of the sector if you want to keep the Vps.
-More VP locations in the Southwest part of Soviet area to reward any non-historic offensives.
-Increase the value of VP locations between the Lakes area to reward the historical offensive as well.

4) Triggered release for:
-3rd Bulgarian Corps.
-10th Guards AB Division.
-Yugoslav 16th Assault Division.
-SS Handschar Division.

5) The far SE corner of the map is impassable (east of Osijek).

6) Infantry losses by artillery and the difficulties of holding objectives by Axis:
I have the following option:
A-Lower the Indirect Fire Mod by 10% for both sides paired with a slight reduction in Counterbattery fire (say another 10%).
B-Increase Axis Recovery Rate (which will affect all non infantry formations).
C-Lower the quality of all rocket artillery (Soviet and Axis) by one grade. That would leave non-rocket artillery as is.

Let me know about 6) options. I'm leaning towards A and/or C but I want to know your opinion.
07-31-2024, 11:22 AM,
(07-29-2024, 09:01 PM)Indragnir Wrote: To improve the fun and balance of the campaigns I have the following ideas.

1) Axis will have a moderate Rail Capacity (say 5 or so).

2) The updated map has more primary roads for the Soviets to connect the Simontornya area to the South.

3) Victory Levels and Vps.
-Add some VP locations in the Axis rear so the Axis will start with some VP on their side, making a Draw or Victory more feasible, it will also discourage total abandonement of the sector if you want to keep the Vps.
-More VP locations in the Southwest part of Soviet area to reward any non-historic offensives.
-Increase the value of VP locations between the Lakes area to reward the historical offensive as well.

4) Triggered release for:
-3rd Bulgarian Corps.
-10th Guards AB Division.
-Yugoslav 16th Assault Division.
-SS Handschar Division.

5) The far SE corner of the map is impassable (east of Osijek).

6) Infantry losses by artillery and the difficulties of holding objectives by Axis:
I have the following option:
A-Lower the Indirect Fire Mod by 10% for both sides paired with a slight reduction in Counterbattery fire (say another 10%).
B-Increase Axis Recovery Rate (which will affect all non infantry formations).
C-Lower the quality of all rocket artillery (Soviet and Axis) by one grade. That would leave non-rocket artillery as is.

Let me know about 6) options. I'm leaning towards A and/or C but I want to know your opinion.
Imho, 
- do not raise point 6.B -- current setting is enough bleeding 50% of PzDiv infantry in 3-4 days battle.
- point 6.A -- 5-10% reduction in rocket artillery only
- point 6.C -- agreed

additional to consider :
- lower defense value/morale of Bulgarian (all non Soviet troop)
- for "played against AI" only -- fix all of soviet troop near simontorya section --- releasing them will only lead AI to placed them on the front piece by piece , easier for Axis to isolate and destroy.
- question, can the parameter pdt be edited that supply (on vst mode) value become higher on main/secondary road hex, compare to field/forest/broken hex? maybe this is more to game engine mechanic.

Tks

Tks,