• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gamey?
02-02-2007, 04:49 AM,
RE:��Gamey?
Fullhouse Wrote:What makes CM stand out is its simulation aspect, if I wanted to play something more gamey I could pick one of a hundred RTS's of the shelf. This is why I greatly prefer CMBB and AK over BO.
I don't understand. Why does that mean you greatly prefer CMAK & CMBB over CMBO?..
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2007, 05:45 AM,
RE: Gamey?
AK and BB have more advanced mechanics in relation to shell hits etc. Also som feel the infantry in CMBO is modelled badly as an MG in BO does bugger all compared to the pinning/killing machines they are in AK and BB.

Personally I see them all as games - no game can truly convey the hopelessness of commanding soldiers and armour in a real conflict so I still play CMBO despite it "deficencies" in relation to the later incarnations.
02-02-2007, 05:53 AM,
Sod CMBO give me CMAK/ETO. :smg:

cheers
02-02-2007, 07:41 AM,
RE: ��Gamey?
Soldier Wrote:I agree, nothing wrong with unleashing one's artillery on enemy's known or suspected set up areas.
The Russians did the exact same thing at Kursk, if I'm not mistaken, etc..
I'm also sure that wasn't the first and last time that either they or any other army had done it, for that matter..
Yeah, but in real life they bombarded suspected setup positions which may or may not have had anything in them. But in the game, people know in a quick battle exactly where your setup zones are and how far they extend, and they know you'll have troops in them. In a scenario it's even worse, with often very compressed setup zones that may be locked completely.

I'm not averse to plotting artillery along likely lines of advance, but I draw the line at bombarding setup zones for that reason.

02-02-2007, 09:10 AM,
"Kornie"
02-02-2007, 09:19 AM,
With rockets, they're so random that you couldn't really target them on anything if you tried....got no problem with them! All you can do is indicate a rough centre for the several square kilometres they will proceed to fall in.
02-02-2007, 10:51 AM,
You can still pre-plot likely avenues of attack instead of setup zones, but you need to estimate when the enemy will reach the target zone and set a pre-plot delay.
02-03-2007, 08:06 AM,
RE:����Gamey?
02-03-2007, 08:50 AM,
Did you know that there is no such word as "whinyness"? At least not that I can find... I've actually been bothered by the many different iterations of the word "whine" as it has been used in this thread, not because of its negative connotation, but because it "just did not sound right".

I suppose the proper usage of the word would be to use it in the following context:

"I'm tired of all the whining."

"I hate it when you whine"

"You are a whiner"

...and my all time favorite:

"Leto, you are such a total weiner"

Because of its dual insult properties of casting one in the light of a dork for "whining" or being "whiney" through it's homonym-like quality that plays upon the two words.

Which leads me to:

*What is truly annoying is when someone corrects your spelling or bores you with proper use of the english language... probably the worst offense of all...*

; )

Cheers!

Leto

02-03-2007, 02:35 PM,
RE:��Gamey?
[hirr Wrote:Leto]

*What is truly annoying is when someone corrects your spelling or bores you with proper use of the english language... probably the worst offense of all...*

'English' should be capitalized.